Tuesday, January 13, 2015

1967 - 2015 Generations Wearing Plaid Pants

Hi everyone!
I have mentioned in my intro post about my grandmother's sense of style and fabulosity. I was looking through some old pictures of her that my mom posted on Facebook recently and fell in love with her even more. She had such a chic sense of style, while I may add taking care of eight children--SIX boys and two girls. Anyway, while looking through the pictures, I came across this one. I mean come on, Grandma Carol. Looking fabulous while holding her youngest baby, my aunt Katie. Then I took a better look at the picture and something looked familiar. We had our annual family Christmas Party at my grandma's house this year and I wore an outfit basically the same as my grandma did almost 48 years ago. The only pictures I have from the party I'm barefoot and with no vest (30+ people in a small condo gets pretty hot)
















So I thought to show you guys my full look I wore to the party. Excuse my hell of a mess of a dorm room (not my side). I wore just a plain black long sleeve top with a fur vest over it. The plaid pants are from Old Navy. Yes. Old. Navy. For shoes I wore a pair of nude/taupe shade pumps. 


So here was me taking a look from almost 50 years ago and making it more modern and stylish. Hope you enjoyed it!
xo Nat



No comments:

Post a Comment